Styles of Bathroom Toilets
October 22, 2009
Whether you're renovating your bathroom or building a bathroom for the first time, you're going to find that there are many styles of toilets available today. Gone are the days where we have one style of toilet bowl to choose from! If you think a toilet is just a toilet, are you in for a... Read more
Here are some common toilet issues and simple solutions to keep your bathroom working properly:
- Strong but incomplete flush: This may be caused by a waterlogged flapper valve, forcing it to drop before the flush is complete. This problem is best solved by installing a new flapper.
- Phantom flusher: This means the tank will continue to fill up with water, whether it was just flushed or not. This is usually caused by the tank leaking water and will mean the flapper needs to be replaced.
- Double Flushing is caused by the level of water in the tank being too high. Lower the level and this problem should stop.
- Water level in bowl decreasing too rapidly may be caused by a crack in the bowl but most commonly, it's from the colon of the bowl clogged with toilet paper. You can usually see this with a flashlight and mirror.
- Tank filling slowly is the result of the shut off valve being partially closed. Opening it up will fix the problem.
- Flushing sluggishly is usually caused by partial or complete clog in the toilet. To determine if there's a clog, dump a large bucket of water in the toilet and flush. If the water backs up and drains slowly, there is a clog.
Dealing with Common Problems with Toilets
October 21, 2009
Our bathroom toilets get a real workout through the years. Once we install them or have them installed, we assume they'll just...
The Ease of Installing Toilets Yourself
October 15, 2009
Whether you're renovating your bathroom, building a completely new bathroom, the idea of installing bathroom toilets yourself may...