Hand Tools and Products
Hand Tools 101
October 27, 2009
How well do you know your hand tools? Some are, of course, more popular than others, but it is good to have a basic understanding of the most commonly used ones just for your own personal knowledge. Here are the basic hand tool types and some information about each.
The hammer. You can use this tool to... Read more
When building your home maintenance or repair kit, there are some basic hand tools which are considered essential. You can either purchase these items individually or within a kit specifically designed and organized for home maintenance. Here are some of the basic tools to collect for your home:
- Hammer: Available in different sizes, lengths and weights.
- Screwdrivers: A flat head screwdrivers is thin and flat, while a Philip's head screwdriver has a top shaped like a star, with four grooves. You will find that each type of screwdriver is available in a variety of sizes.
- Handsaws: Long, jagged edged knives used for cutting thin materials.
- Pliers: Used to bend metals, to gain a stronger grip on things, or to pull out stubborn nails or screws.
- Wrench: These work as an adjustable clamp that you can rotate or loosen.
- Tape Measure: Essential in all home improvement projects, tape measures allow you to gain proper measurements for cutting or to determine the precise size of an area you are working in.
Power Hand Tools Safety
October 26, 2009
Power Hand tools safety is a very important thing to understand whether you work in carpentry or construction, and regardless of whether you are...
Safety Tips for Hand Tools
October 15, 2009
Some people say that learning how to use hand tools is an old fashioned art that should be respected and appreciated. While this may be true to...
Electronic Hand Tools
February 13, 2007
(ARA) - Have you ever drilled multiple holes in a wall trying to locate a stud? Have you ever hung up several pictures, taken a step back and...